Pages

Wednesday 22 November 2017

AWH HOC Week 26

Hi!

Welcome to a new week of The Heart Of Christmas with the Art With Heart team. This is the second last week - I'm still in a bit of denial about how close to Christmas we are getting!


Today I have a card for you that once again uses the Watercolour Christmas Project Kit. I've been modifying the card bases, trying to get at least two, and in some cases three, cards out of the one base. I've left this one to last, as I'd though it would be the trickiest. As it turned out, it wasn't so hard after all!

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Heart Of Christmas, Watercolour Christmas

The bit I struggled to get my head around was cutting the wreath in half. It's the only way to get two cards from the one base. How can you make half a wreath look good? Well, the answer seems to be when you use it to frame a circular sentiment panel! The it sort of stops being a wreath and becomes a frame of foliage.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Heart Of Christmas, Watercolour Christmas

The Golf Foil circle was simply punched from an envelope liner and the sentiment panel was punched from the back of the card base. The holly leaves were left from another modified card. I used a Sharpie to colour a few Rhinestones red to act as the berries.

scissorspapercard, Stampin' Up!, Art With Heart, Heart Of Christmas, Watercolour Christmas

I kept the inside simple, just adding the two remaining leaves and berry elements to add a little oomph to the sentiment. I can't believe I delayed on this one so long - it ended up being a great modification!

As usual, you can see the rest of this week's cards over on Claire's blog. Don't forget to come back next Wednesday for the final Heart Of Christmas.

Bye for now,

Tina

4 comments:

  1. And what a great modification it is, Tina. You have made a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is such a lovely card and I love how your half wreath frames your greeting. It is a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Tina you've certainly got a lot of bang for your buck with this set. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card just makes me smile Tina, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.