Pages

Thursday 3 August 2017

JAI #371: Just Choose Two

Hi!

Whoops! A bit of a technical glitch this morning, meaning my post went up late.


This week at Just Add Ink, Di has challenged us to Just Add Two to our cards. The choice is kids, patterned paper or pets.


I'm not too much of an animal person, so I went for kids and patterned paper.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Just Add Ink, Foil Frenzy SDSP, Large Numbers, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Glimmer Paper

My niece, Zoe, turned 13 last week, so this was a great opportunity to make her a special card for her special birthday. I chose the Foil Frenzy SDSP, as it's card weight card stock, so perfect for a card base.

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Just Add Ink, Foil Frenzy SDSP, Large Numbers, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Glimmer Paper

I saw this style of Pop Up card, made by Jolanda Meurs, so I decided to give it a go for Zoe's card. When folded flat, the front of the card has a window that the 13 sits in. When you open it, this is what you see:

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Just Add Ink, Foil Frenzy SDSP, Large Numbers, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Glimmer Paper

I thought it was such a clever fold, and even better that it lies flat for posting. I added some extra balloons to the inside front of the card, just to help hide the balloons on the front that hung over the window. If I were to make this card again, I would definitely write my message on the inside before adhering it to the card. It was very difficult to write on after sticking it down!

I hope you can join in with the fun this week at Just Add Ink. Which two will you choose? Pets, patterned paper or kids? Check out what the rest of the Design Team have created over at the JAI blog.

Bye for now,

Tina

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous creation, Tina. I want to make a pop-up card too. The Foil Frenzy DSP is a bit fabulous and I'm sure your niece would have loved it. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Foil, glimmer & a special fold! You can't go wrong for a teen birthday - bet your niece loved it! I'm going to give this fold a whirl. Your card is great! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for a teenager Tina! Very clever fold, and do I detect a hint of Wink Of Stella on the numbers..? x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is utterly perfect for a pink loving teen Tina - not just pink but shiny too!! The fancy fold really adds to the ooh ahh and makes it a fabulous for a milestone birthday. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a clever fold idea Tina. Perfect for a teenager. Won't you be the favourite aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special card for a special birthday Tina! Pink and shiny and a fancy fold as well!! Your window of black glimmer highlights your pink theme beautifully and I love the contrasting white twine too. Definitely one to Case 😊 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that fold Tina and the pink/black sparkle and shine is just perfect for teen...Super cute card!
    Love the foil too. Nope, l haven't used it yet....lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely stunning card Tina. That DSP looks just divine paired with the Black Shimmery card. I can only imagine how much your niece enjoyed receiving this card - bright, sparkly, pink and such a clever fancy fold, what's not to love!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an awesome kids card Tina! Looooove that DSP and it looks amazing paired with the black Shimmer paper. Another great fold that I'm putting on my 'must try' list!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.