Pages

Monday 7 August 2017

Happy 40th Birthday To My Superman

Hi!

A bit of a special card today, as I made it for my wonderful husband, Rob. He turned 40 last week, so. special card was certainly in order!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Copics, Large Numbers, You're My Hero

Rob is very much a comic book loving, superhero geek. I've made him superhero themed cards a few times, but this time I wanted to do something that was just that little bit extra. Superman is his all time favourite, so I found a line image online and printed it onto some Whisper White cardstock. I then coloured it with my Copic markers. You can see a little better in the next picture that I coloured a bit darker at the top of each part of the image, and graduated to slightly lighter towards the bottom. It was difficult to achieve the look in such small areas!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Copics, Large Numbers, You're My Hero

Did you notice I the first photo that I'd die cut the number 40 over the top of the logo? I wanted it to be quite subtle. After I die cut the numbers, I flipped over the piece with all the little bits still in place. I then ran some double sided tape across the back of the panel to keep everything in place. You can see that I used LOTS of white on white layers behind the logo. I was going for a very stylised Fortress of Solitude look, with the split down the middle of the lowest layer representing Superman pulling apart his white shirt to change from Clark Kent into Superman. Rob loved all the meaning I put into the card!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Copics, Large Numbers, You're My Hero

Here's a quick side look at the layers. Not counting the card base, there are 5 layers on the front, and one on the inside. Each of the layers is in pairs, with the bottom of the pair stuck flat to the one below and the top layer raised Dimensionals. I think I used half a sheet of Dimensionals, but the end result was well worth it!

scissorspapercard, Stamping' Up!, Copics, Large Numbers, You're My Hero

The inside of the card features the retired You're My Hero stamp set - a keeper for me, with all of the geeks in my family!

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.