Pages

Monday 24 July 2017

A Pretty Tranquil Label CASE

Hi!

Today's card is one that I CASEd from the magazine that Stamping' Up! sends out to all demonstrators. It uses the new Label Me Pretty stamp set and coordinating punch, which I hadn't yet inked up! The card in the magazine was a birthday card, but I'd had a class request for a sympathy card, and I thought this design worked well.


The sentiment is from the Flourishing Phrases stamp set. I was quite surprised at how well the two colours worked together - Tranquil Tide and Powder Pink. I never would have thought to put them together, but quite like it when I did. Do you ever find that?


I really loved the ribbon as a layer under the punched sentiment. I think it can be easy to forget to use ribbon in this way, but it adds so much more to a card than a strip of card or DSP.


Sadly, I had to use this card much sooner than I expected. It was definitely handy to have it in my stash ready to go, than to try to sit and make it when I needed it. What do you think? Do you have sympathy cards ready to go, or do you prefer to make them at the time they are needed?

Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.