Pages

Monday 14 March 2016

MKPLxSU Blog Share: Metallics

Hi!


Welcome to the March 2016 Memory Keeping With Project Life by Stampin' Up! Blog Share. This month we are focusing on the use of Metallics in our projects. I chose to do this by using both the Gold stickers in the Memories in the Making PL Collection and also some of our Gold Foil paper.

Apologies for the glare on the photos - I really should get organised so I'm photographing the layouts in the daylight rather than trying to use my light box at night!


I started putting together a 6x8 Album a year or so ago that documented my daughter, Ada's dancing. I only got as far as the title page before setting it aside to work on other things. As soon as I found out we were doing the metallics Blog Share I immediately thought of it again and decided it was a great opportunity to get more done. On this first page I used some of the Gold Foil paper to create the numbers for the journalling card. As this album will span many years, I wanted the year to stand out as people flick though the album.


You can see that I used one of the gold heart stickers to add a cute little touch to the flag at the bottom of the card.


I have to honestly say that I'm not a big user of metallics normally, which is probably why only one tiny gold heart sticker found it's way onto this page!


On the page above, I originally adhered the small square card directly onto the larger card. I wasn't happy with it though, as one just blended into the other. Solution - a matt of the Gold Foil paper under the smaller card to help separate the two and highlight the journalling.


For consistency, I am using the Little Numbers Framelits with the Gold Foil paper on each page that starts a new year in the album.


On this final page (for now), I used the Gold Foil paper to adjust the photo. The photo originally had Ada smack bang in the middle, which didn't leave me enough room to add in the small card. I decided to chop about an inch off the left hand side of the photo and then add the Gold Foil strip to the right hand side. This pushed Ada to the left, leaving enough room to adhere the small card for journalling. Problem solved!

Here are the links to the other ladies participating in this month's Blog Share. I hope you can find time to click on their links and enjoy some wonderful metallic Project Life by Stampin' Up! inspiration.


Bye for now,

Tina

2 comments:

  1. Great layouts Tina ... it's such a blessing seeing our kids excel isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gold for a star! Great photos and the layout works so well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.